Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Big Man

There is a Big Man in my life. He is one of my parents’ best friends and he and I have shared a close bond. Recently I found out that Jim had been in the hospital for quite awhile, and nearly died a couple of times. I went immediately to the hospital the next day to see him.

But before I did that, I started cutting.

IMG_0742 You see, I never got to make my Dad a quilt before he died, and I am not letting that happen with Jim. The picture is of me basting last night at my Mom’s (thank goodness for her floor space :)). I almost finished the quilting today but it was giving my shoulder a lot of trouble so I am hoping to finish that on Monday. I hope to have the whole thing bound and ready to go to Jim by next weekend.

In other news, I realise I have missed all my subsequent “Favourite Friday” posts since the debut one. I now have a reminder in my computer… cross fingers it works LOL! I am terrible at following through on blog ideas :)

6 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks wonderful, I am sure that your friend will love and appreciate it. I love the DS prints. How are you quilting it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww such a lovely thing to do - a handmade quilt for someone special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! What kind of quilting are you doing on it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I lovw it ~ so cheery! This should be cathartic all the way around. Tell Jim that Teri in NC says feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are making such great progress on it! (I'm so behind on blog reading, that probably you are actually done.) Much love to you and Jim.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your two cents!