Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday Favourites

One of the best things about making so many online friends is meeting them in real life. I have yet to meet anyone where it isn’t as if we have known each other our entire lives.

I was so incredibly lucky to meet Amy of Amy’s Crafty Shenanigans this week!! I swear we are sisters! We had the best time at the last OMQG meeting of the year and then we met again today at lunch… pure fun! I could have hung out all day!

IMG_2022We even share the same backing fabric taste LOL! So before Amy came (she’s from here but lives in Jolly ‘Ol England) I asked if she wanted to swap mini’s and the answer was a resounding yes!! So we shared favourite colours etc. The picture below is when we did the reveal LOL!

IMG_2017  We were crazy giddy and it was awesome LOL!

IMG_2023 So here I am holding the one she made for me and vice versa… this was a swap to remember!

I am lucky enough to be heading to the Vermont Quilt Festival to meet up with two other online friends… details on that next week!!

3 comments:

  1. You rock my world Katy - I love my mini and will do a blog post about it when I get 'home'. And I WILL be seeing you again for sure. What's 3000+ miles between friends eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are a blast together and it shows in the photos!! I love how the online community has brought together so many people, it gives me goose bumps just thinking about it!! Have fun at the Vermont Quilt Festival!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy is one of my quilting heroes and I am green with quilt-blogger-envy! So cool that you two got on so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your two cents!